Australian Tourist Visitor Visa – Subclass 600
Tourism is an important industry for the Australian economy. Popular Australian destinations include the coastal cities of Sydney and Melbourne, as well as other high profile destinations including regional Queensland, the Gold Coast and the Great Barrier Reef, the world’s largest reef. The unique Australian wildlife is also another significant point of interest in the country’s tourism.
The Tourist Visitor visa is a temporary visa which allows people to travel or remain in Australia for tourist or family related activities.
Requirements for the Tourist Visitor Visa – Subclass 600
- To be eligible for the Tourist Visitor visa you must be able to show that you are travelling to or remaining in Australia as a genuine visitor, for example, as a tourist, for recreation or to visit your family and friends.
- You must have your own health insurance, as you will not be covered by Australia’s national health scheme (Medicare) unless your country has a reciprocal health care agreement with Australia.
- You must declare any criminal convictions and have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government.
- If you are applying in Australia, you must be in Australia when the visa is decided.
- If you are applying outside Australia, you must be outside Australia when the visa is decided.
Entitlements of the Tourist Visitor Visa – Subclass 600
- The Tourist visa will allow you to travel or remain in Australia for the period in which the Tourist is granted. The time in which you will be allowed to remain in Australia will depend on your individual circumstances.
- The Tourist Visitor visa will allow you to:
- Holiday or visit family and friends in Australia.
- Study in Australia for up to three (3) months.
- Work as a genuine unpaid volunteer.