Skill independent visa is a permanent residence visa for individuals who possess required qualifications and skills to fill shortages in the Australian workforce. Skilled Independent Visa uses a point based system where a person needs to score a minimum of 60 points. To be eligible for this visa, you must:
- Be younger than 50 years.
- Nominate an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupation list.
- Attain a suitable skill assessment for your nominated occupation
- Meet the English language ability.
- Meet certain health and character requirements.
The points are granted on the basis of:
- Educational Qualification
- Professional experience
- English language ability
- Other factors
Benefits of Subclass 189
The Skilled Independent visa will grant you and your immediate family a permanent residence in Australia. It will allow you and your eligible family members:
- To travel in and out of Australia and the right to stay indefinitely.
- Work full time in Australia.
- Study in Australia by paying a fee of a National student.
- The opportunity to enrol in Medicare (Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses).
- Receive social security benefits.
- Apply for Australian citizenship once you become eligible.
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence.