Sub Class 190
The Skilled Nominated visa is for points-tested skilled workers who have the qualifications and skills that are needed by the Australian Government, but are unable to meet the pass marks. Thus, they are nominated by a state or territory government to meet the current eligibility score of 60 points.
To be eligible for this visa, you must:
- Be younger than 50 years.
- Nominate an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupation list.
- Attain a suitable skill assessment for your nominated occupation.
- Be nominated by a state or territory government agency as per their requirements.
- Meet the English language ability.
- Meet certain health and character requirements.
Benefits of Subclass 190
The Skilled Nominated visa will grant you and your immediate family a permanent residence in Australia. It will allow you and your eligible family members:
- To travel in and out of Australia and the right to stay indefinitely.
- Work full time in Australia.
- Study in Australia by paying a fee of a National student.
- The opportunity to enrol in Medicare (Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses).
- Receive social security benefits.
- Apply for Australian citizenship once you become eligible.
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence.