This visa allows skilled workers to live and work in specified regional areas in Australia for up to four years.
To be eligible for this Visa, you must:
- Be younger than 50 years.
- Nominate an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupation list.
- Attain a suitable skill assessment for your nominated occupation.
- Be nominated by a state or territory government agency as per their requirements or sponsored by an eligible relative living in a designated area.
- Meet the English language ability.
- Meet certain health and character requirements.
A sponsor must be:
- at least 18 years of age
- Living in a designated area of Australia
- an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
Benefits of Subclass 489
The Skilled Nominated visa will grant you and your immediate family a temporary residence in Australia. It will allow you and your eligible family members:
- To stay in Australia for up to 4 years
- live, work and study in a specified regional area of Australia specified regional area of Australia
- travel in and out of Australia while the visa is valid.