Application for Student’s Pass
If you wish to study in Singapore, you would require a Student Pass. All Student Pass applications are to be submitted through the Student’s Pass OnLine Application & Registration+ (SOLAR+) system at https://solarplus.ica.gov.sg/solarplus-ica/index.do. For more details, please visit the website of the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority at http://www.ica.gov.sg.
If you are 19 years old and below at the time of application and you wish to attend a full-time course at an approved Private Education Organisation (PEO), your applications will be processed by the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) directly.
If you are above 19 years old at the time of application and you wish to attend a language, commercial, vocational or fine arts non-graduate/postgraduate degree course (including the University of London (UOL) tuition programmes), an interview may be required by the Embassy.
Interview at Singapore Embassy in Beijing
The PEO in Singapore will be notified through an email of the interview schedule within one month after the application is submitted through SOLAR+. Applicants should therefore contact the PEO for the interview date. About 2 months after the interview, PEO will be informed of the application outcome.
The processing time is generally between 2 to 4 months for cases which interviews are required. Enquiry on the outcome of the interview will not be entertained.
Documents required for the Interview
Applicants attending an interview when called upon to do so, please bring the following documents:
- Original copy, notarised copy and photocopy of the notarized copy of the applicant’s:
- Birth certificate;
- highest educational level certificate ;
- highest educational level academic results;
- financial/bank statements;
Notarial certificates must be issued by the local Notary Public Office, certified by the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, People’s Republic of China and duly endorsed by the Embassy.
The financial/bank statement shall be in fixed deposit of at least 3 months period after the interview date. It can be the applicant’s savings or his/her parents’ savings or a combination of both. The minimum required amount is RMB 150,000 or its equivalent, if in foreign currency.
- Overseas study plan (duly signed and dated) of the applicant;
- Original copy and photocopy of the applicant, his/her parents & spouse:
- identity card;
- household register ;
- employment statements & letter from their respective employers (if applicable);
- monthly salary records for 3 months period before the interview;
- business registration certificates if they are self-employed (if applicable);
- Applicant’s passport and photocopy of the passport bio-data page;
- If the applicant’s parent(s)/step parents/spouse is a Singapore citizen or a Singapore permanent resident, the applicant must also furnish the original copy and notarised copy of the certificates of his parents’/step parent’s/his own marriage certificate.
If a security deposit (SD) is required, it will be paid in Singapore and collected by ICA from the student. The amount is S$5,000 in the form of a Banker’s Guarantee from any established bank in Singapore or Cashier’s Order.
A processing fee of S$30 is required for every application submitted to ICA. The fee is non-refundable regardless of the outcome of the application or if the application is withdrawn after submission.
A fee of S$60 is payable when the successful applicant completes the formality at the issuance of the Student’s Pass at ICA.
The fee payable for an entry visa is RMB 153. This is payable upon obtaining the In-Principle Approval letter from the authority when the applicant applies for a visa at a Singapore mission in China.